Don't forget to schedule your free vacation security home checks. You don't have to worry while you are on vacation…leave the worrying to us! All Montgomery County residents are encouraged to follow the listed helpful tips below as well as utilize our vacation security home check.
This service helps in providing peace of mind for those that need to be away from their home for an extended period of time. Home checks may be conducted on homes that are unoccupied for any length of time during the homeowner's absence. If your home is occupied while you are away, please provide that information upon enrollment in the program.
Prior to enrolling in the Vacation Home Check Program, we ask that you have the following information available:
- When you are leaving (date and time)
- When you expect to return (date and time, if known)
- Your name, address, and phone number, email address
- Residence or Business
- Will anyone need or have access to residence in your absence, their contact information
- Whether there will be any vehicles outside your residence while you away (include make, model, license number)
- Person(s) with keys to the residence, their contact information
- An emergency contact name and number
If you are interested in having a vacation house check, please complete and submit the Home Security Check Request or print and deliver to the Sheriff's office.
Helpful tips to remember while you are preparing for vacation
- Cancel your mail service with your post office
- Stop your newspaper — extra newspapers in your driveway lets people know you are not at home
- Notify trusting neighbors that you are leaving so they can monitor any activity at your residence
- Always have a plan of action