Explorer Post 2590 is a Law Enforcement Exploring Post sponsored by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office. Our objective is to provide a firsthand experience in the field of law enforcement for students who are at least 14 years of age and have completed the eight grade or 15 years of age but not yet 19 years old. Members of Explorer Post 2590 is a year-round post where we engage our Explorers into our events that take place at the Sheriff's Office. Explorer Post 2590 will learn the importance of organized procedures, professionalism, community involvement, leadership and discipline. Our Explorer Post is a mentee/mentor type Post where they will work one-on-one with our Staff to achieve the task or to accomplish the task which will lead our youth into the future. These Explorers will be groomed for Sheriff's Office Cadet positions which will lead them to a career path in law enforcement.
- Our Explorers are dedicated and hard working
- Explorer's meet monthly on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the Month from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM (With exception of the competition team)
- Free uniforms provided
- Duty gear is provided (plastic training gun, plastic training Taser, handcuffs and radio)
- Out of town training opportunities
Fun, Fun and More Fun!
- To provide fun "hands-on" experience in the fields of law enforcement and corrections.
- To promote volunteering and community service for the good of our community and its members.
- To encourage positive social interactions and team building through group activities.
- To instill discipline and leadership among our members.
Student can leave the explorer post once they reach the age of 19 and be hired with this agency as a corrections officer.
- Must be at least 14 years of age
- Must be able to attend monthly meeting
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Must be in good standing in school
For additional information, please contact:
Sgt. J. Oliver
(334) 832-7701 - Office