Inmate Telephone Services
Once an inmate has completed the booking in process,
he or she can contact family and friends by calling collect from phones in the jail.
Family and friends must be willing to accept the charges.*
*Collect calls can not be made to a cell phone!
Inmates can not receive incoming telephone calls and Jail employees are not permitted to deliver personal messages to inmates.
If you are having trouble receiving calls from an inmate housed in the jail,
have a question about how to set up a prepaid account, billing questions,
or would like to request a Block or Unblock on your phone, please contact your current service provider.
Inmate Visitation Services
Hours of Video Visitation
08:00 AM – 11:00 AM
02:30 PM – 04:30 PM
06:00 PM – 09:00 PM
~~Inmates’ family/friends are no longer required to make appointments to visit inmates housed in the Detention Facility~~
~~Visitors will be allowed to visit inmates according to the dates and times designated by the Administration.~~
- An inmate may have a maximum of two (2) approved visitors.
- Trustee inmates will be permitted two 1 hour video visitation per week.
Visitors must secure all personal property in the public lockers located in the Detention Facility lobby. No personal property (purses, handbags, packages, umbrellas, etc.) may be carried into the visiting area or into any internal area of the Facility.
- If children 15 years of age and younger are left unattended or if they exhibit uncontrollable behavior, they, along with the adult visitor will be asked to leave the Facility.
Proper attire is required for all visitors. Inappropriate clothing such as halter tops, swimwear, revealing clothing, see-through clothing, sleepwear, or any other clothing that may be deemed unacceptable will not be permitted.
- Visitors and inmates are required to display appropriate behavior during visits.
Vulgar language is not permitted.
- Visitors are required to leave the visitation area upon announcement of the end of the visitation period or at any time as directed by a member of the Detention Facility staff. Loitering in visitation corridors is not permitted.
- All inmates may be permitted to visit with their attorneys and clergymen, Monday through Friday between the hours 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM, 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, privately and without supervision. Attorneys will be provided special accommodations in the library to visit with inmates housed in J-2. Attorneys may visit with their clients on weekends by contacting the Captain of Inmate Programs.
Any attorney, clergyman, or other person requesting to see any inmate may be requested to produce appropriate identification and/or submit to a reasonable search of his/her person and property before being allowed entry. Refusal to submit may constitute grounds for denial of admission to this Facility. Umbrellas, handbags, briefcases, cell phones, weapons, alcohol, drugs, tobacco products, matches, lighters, money and other contraband are prohibited from being carried into the secure area of the Facility.
**SPECIAL VISITATION PRIVILEGES**
**PERSONS NOT PERMITTED TO VISIT WITH AN INMATE(S)**
Special visiting privileges may be extended to inmates who have immediate family members (husband, wife, mother, father, sister or brother) who are also inmates incarcerated in the Facility. Certain criteria, as stated below, must be met in order for inmates to receive these special privileges:
Both husband and wife must state they are married. They must state to whom, the date they were married, location where marriage license is filed, and that they are still married to each other. A marriage license should be presented to Administration as further proof of their relation.
If they desire, inmates who are immediate family members may have video visits with each other, schedule permitting. They will visit with each other instead of with other family or friends. Video visiting time will be limited to 30 minutes.
- The public video visitation area is located on the first floor of jail number one (J1).
- The inmate video visitation area for the inmates housed in jail number two (J2) is flanking the control booth through the security door, down the hall. If an inmate is coming from the South end of the floor, video visitation is the second door on the right. If an inmate is coming from the North end of the floor, video visitation is the second door on the left.
- Inmates housed in the medical unit should visit in the medical unit. Three (3) video visitation stations have been installed for this purpose. The officer assigned to the medical unit will ensure that male and female inmates visit separately.
- Public visitors as well as inmates who experience a problem with the audio or video reception should notify the visitation officer. Any visitor or inmate attempting to adjust the audio or video will forfeit their visit.
**UPON A VISITOR'S ARRIVAL,
THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD BE FOLLOWED:
**FOR THE SAFETY / SECURITY OF ALL PARTIES INVOLVED,
A DETENTION FACILITY OFFICER SHOULD REMOVE BOTH THE VISITOR AND THE INMATE FROM THE VISITING AREA IF THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DOCUMENTED:
- The visitor is, or is believed to be, under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The visitor or inmate refuses to show proper identification.
- The inmate refuses to see the visitor.
- Visitation privileges are temporarily suspended by the Director of Detention and/or Assistant Director for violation of visitation policy and procedures or for emergency reasons.